Effective Coaching and Mentoring
This course gives participants a coaching and mentoring framework that will enhance insight into the processes, techniques and critical success factors of coaching and mentoring and provides direct contact with a professional coach.
Foundational level within organisation
The programme is modular. It is five days, split into three sessions, six weeks apart.
Individuals who want to build knowledge and skills in coaching and mentoring as an internal coach, providing professional coaching and mentoring to their employees; or to develop their coaching and mentoring skills to operate as a professional coach
• Foundation theories in coaching and mentoring
• The application of a coaching and mentoring framework
• Critical success factors in coaching
• Ethics and a code of coaching conduct aligned to international best practise
• Feedback techniques in coaching and mentoring
• Develop a personal coaching and mentoring plan based on self-assessment of their needs
• Develop awareness around on going professional development through forming a community of practise in coaching and mentoring
• Practice and provide professional coaching and mentoring to organisations
• Examine and establish a knowledge base that underpins coaching and mentoring
• Evaluate and identify coaching needs and propose an appropriate coaching and mentoring strategy
• Apply techniques to coach / mentor a team member effectively
• Describe the professional environment and context in which coaching and mentoring operates
• Evaluate the legal and ethical implications of coaching and mentoring
This short course is accredited by the university in accordance with its statutory mandate. It does not lead to a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).