Ethical Leadership – In Pursuit of Ethical Leaders
Start Date: Tuesday, 18 October, 2016
Time: 17:30 for 18:00 - 20:00
Contact Person: email@example.com
Venue: Donald Gordon Auditorium, Wits Business School, 2 St David's Place, Parktown
Wits Business School invites you to a panel discussion on ethical leadership, and the value it can add to an organisation.
The value of ethical leadership is well recognised and widely accepted as a very influential factor in addressing unethical behaviour and corruption. The importance of the role of leadership is supported by Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng’s statement that “If there ever was a time to embrace ethical leadership, that time is now”, as well as the shift in the definition of corporate governance in King IV to “the exercise of ethical and effective leadership”. The benefits of ethical leadership apply not only to an institution or organisation and its citizens or stakeholders, but also to the avoidance of the huge costs of fraud and corruption. This topic raises the following questions:
- Is the importance of ethical leadership matched by the extent of visible ethical leadership in our organisations and institutions?
- Is it reflected in the attention focused on increasing an understanding of and commitment to ethics and governance?
- Is leadership taking sufficient accountability for a lack of ethics?
What leaders can and should be doing to give effect to being an ethical leader?
- Cynthia Schoeman - Managing Director: Ethics Monitoring & Managing Service
- Dr Yondela Ndema - Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer: Sasol
- Adriaan Groenewald - Managing Director: Leadership Platform & Leadership Activist
- Ansie Ramalho - King IV Project Lead: Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA).
Cynthia Schoeman will facilitate the discussion.
Click here for speaker bios
Booking is essential.