MBA June Intake Applications close: 20 May 2016 (Please note: Applicants have until the 31st of May to complete applications, but no new applications will be allowed post the 20th of May).
Applications for the MBA January 2017 Intake now open and closes on 31 October 2016
- 4 year degree OR 3 year degree plus Post-Graduate Diploma (NQF 8)
- Post-university work experience - a minimum of 3 years for the full-time programme and 4 years for the part-time programme
- Acceptable GMAT score OR Wits Admission Test (Psychometric Test)
- One-page motivation letter
- Mathematics - A level of competence equivalent to the requirements of the SA Matriculation certificate is advisable.
- SAQA Accreditation (international applicants only). SAQA Help desk: 012 431-5070 or go to: http://www.saqa.org.za
- WBS PDM graduates who graduated in the last 4 years are exempted from testing
- If you have a three year degree (NQF 7) or do not have required entrance qualifications you may be accepted onto the MBA via two routes:
Provisional offer onto MBA pending successful completion of the WBS Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administrating (PDBA)
- Accepted straight onto the MBA via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) based on requisite managerial experience.
- Complete an online application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/portal/index
- Complete an additional application form (Management Part 3 Form) - Click here to download
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of R200
- Upload copies of your school leaving certificate and degree certificate(s) as well as copies of academic transcripts/records related to all your academic qualification/s.
- Upload the one page motivation letter.
- Upload proof of taking Wits Test or GMAT
- Upload current CV
- All applicants are required to submit the original certified copies of degree certificates and transcripts once accepted.
- January 2017 Intake: Applications now open and closes on 31 October 2016
- Application fee: R200
- Tuition fees: approx R210 500 (subject to university approval) plus the cost of the global study tour at approximately USD4500
- Fees for Part-Time study are split between first & second year of study
- To book your WBS application entrance tests – Benita Kolloori on 079 6012271 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition fees: Approx. R210 500; this excludes the cost of the compulsory Global Study Tour which is estimated at USD4500. Fees are subject to university approval.
- International students pay 75% of their annual tuition fees before registration, the balance is payable by 31 March each year.
WITS Psychometric Test
For booking the Wits Admission Test, contact Benita Kolloori on 079 6012271 or email@example.com
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
The GMAT is not a psychometric test. Therefore you need to prepare for it in order to be fully aware of the types of questions that are asked and the pressures of the test, so that your score is a fair reflection of your potential to succeed on an MBA programme.
January Intake (classes commence in January)
• Full-time – 5 days a week, all day sessions from 08h30 – 16h30
• Part-time Evening/Weekday – 2 evenings a week from 17h30 – 21h00
• Part-time Saturday – Saturday mornings x 2 subjects from 08h00 – 15h30
• 9 lectures per series each quarter
The Wits MBA Curriculum for 2016 has been redesigned to provide professional management education at Masters level that is deeply rooted in our context. Africa has some of the fastest growing economies in the world, yet lacks skilled managers to oversee the growth and development of these economies. The intention of the Wits MBA is to develop managers and leaders who will grasp the opportunities offered by South Africa and Africa.
MBA 2016 Curriculum Themes
WBS MBA 2016 Curriculum Structure
- Management and Financial Accounting
- Economics for Business
- Technology and Operations Management
- Organisational Design and Development
- Critical Enquiry Skills
- Business Society and Collective Action
- Marketing in a Connected World
- Finance and Investment Decisions
- Business Integration
- Case Competition
- 3 Electives from a potential pool of approximately 30 courses
- Electives may be taken at WBS international partner business schools
- Builds a bridge between the classroom and the workplace
- Compulsory two studies:
- A. Leadership Quest
B. Applied Research Project
- Social Entrepreneurship Project
- Consultancy Assignment
- Business Venture Proposal
- Research Report
Global Study Tour
One of the popular courses offered on the MBA is the international study tour. In the recent past, groups have visited Latin America, including countries such as Brazil, Chile and Argentina. Other popular destinations are in the East, including China and India, Singapore & Malaysia.
Why do a WBS MBA?
- Premier business qualification worldwide
- Career & salary enhancing benefits
- A personal rebranding exercise
- A game-changer in careers
- An open door to industry - graduates are well versed in all that is business management
- At a personal level it is challenging, exciting and socially rewarding
- WBS has proud history of educating business leaders
- Combines cutting-edge theory and practical application
- Excellent networking opportunities
- International elective opportunities
- Includes Global Study Tour
MBA applicants who opt to sit for the GMAT, and who require assistance with preparation for the GMAT, are advised to contact Shimon Goldchmit on 082 336 3217 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Janine Barnes on 073 451 3822 or email@example.com
For bookings of GMAT, contact Justin Jacobs on 011 784-3093 or Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the GMAT is available at www.mba.com
MBA Admissions Test
Students who hold a Wits Business School PDM/PgDip qualification – no admissions testing required
Compulsory battery of four WBS selection tests:
No preparation required
Duration of selection tests - approx four hours on campus
To book your WBS application entrance tests – Benita Kolloori on 079 6012271 or email@example.com
GMAT Tests: To book a test date, contact Justin Jacobs at Pearson VUE on + 27 (0)11 784 3093, or email firstname.lastname@example.org